Welcome ASP Parents!
NEW FOR 2023-24: IMPORTANT CHANGES TO THE AFTER-SCHOOL PROGRAM
STEP 1: ONLINE PRE-REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
REGISTER STUDENT HERE
(This step will take 24 hours before the payment link is released for you to make an online payment for your student.)
STEP 2: CREATE AN ONLINE PAYMENT ACCOUNT: GrayStep Payment Portal
RATES: 2023-2024 FEE SCHEDULE:
$60/week (must pay full week to get the $12/day rate)
$15/day (if prepaying for individual days of the week)
(Only accepted until 12:00pm the day of)
$20/day Any student who has not sent payment on the Friday prior or paid online by Sunday night. These will be considered a drop-in for each day they stay.
Late Pick Up
(Starts at 6:01pm)
$15 for every 15 minutes, per child
In an effort to provide your child with the best possible experience in the After School Program (ASP) while also keep staffing costs manageable, we are making some procedural changes that will allow us to know in advance how many students we can expect in the Program each day. Previously, parents could sign up for ASP up until 12:00 p.m. on the day they wanted their child to attend, which made scheduling the correct number of ASP workers difficult (and as a result, led to turnover in ASP staff as some sought more reliable hours/schedules elsewhere). To address this issue, we are implementing a new enrollment and payment system that we believe will improve the program.
1. Register your student first through the online Forms link. This step may take up to 24 business hours for the system to recognize your student as registered and release the online ASP payment tab in your GrayStep account. This will only be done until the Forms registration form has been completed.
2. Schedule your student's ASP stay online by paying with credit or debit-card. Access the payment link in GrayStep, select the week or specific days you would like your child to attend ASP, add to cart and pay with a credit or debit card. Please know that a convenience fee of 3.85% will be applied at check-out. https://ccsd.graystep.com
3. Alternatively, you may schedule your students ASP stay by sending in payment by check or cash using the designated ASP envelope. This must be sent to the school by the Friday before the intended week needed. This may mean sending payments to the school each Friday. This allows parents to avoid the convenience fee and meet the deadline of Sunday night.
4. In emergency situations only: parents can sign their student up for ASP until 12:00 p.m. on the day they need their child to attend ASP. This can only be done by contacting the school’s front office. Please note: the “Drop-in Rate” of $20 per student will apply and must be paid at pickup.
Notes: ASP dates must be pre-purchased by 11:59 p.m. on the Sunday prior to the scheduled ASP dates needed. After this deadline, the county will close access to that week and your student will be considered a drop-in to ASP and that $20 fee will apply per student, per day.
There will be NO credits or refunds for any prepaid ASP dates that are not used. This is a county policy, and we will not be able to help with this in any way.
The mission of the Cherokee County School District’s After School Program (ASP) is to strive to establish a safe and caring environment for students that allows opportunity for individual and social growth with a minimum of formal structure. Children engage in activities that encourage creativity, social relationships, appropriate behavior, and a positive self-image.
GOAL OF PROGRAM
The After School Program of Cherokee County School District is designed to provide:
• After school care for students who would otherwise be home alone in an unsupervised situation
• After school care for students whose parents work and need the assurance that their children are in a caring, safe environment
• After school enrichment opportunities for elementary-age students.
To ensure the safety and security of all students in ASP, a program safety plan is reviewed and utilized on an annual basis. ASP coordinators are authorized to contact the appropriate law enforcement agency should an emergency occur which threatens the welfare of a child.
- ASP is a support program, and your child is expected to behave properly.
- Students must comply with the discipline policies laid out in the CCSD Student/Parent Handbook & Discipline Code and the individual school discipline policy.
- Inappropriate/disruptive behavior may result in suspension or withdrawal of your child.
Students will be suspended or withdrawn from the ASP for the following reasons:
· (a) Excessive Late Pick-up (3 times)
· (b) Discipline Problems (3 times)
· (c) Nonpayment of Fees and/or Late Pick up Fees (2)
If school is closed or dismisses early due to inclement weather (or any other reason), the school’s ASP will also close for the day. In such a case, the school will follow the instructions given to your child’s homeroom teacher on his/her Inclement Weather form. ASP personnel will be responsible for any further parent contacts for the pick-up of ASP students. Parents should also note that designated ASP personnel will remain at the school during such a closing to ensure all students have been picked up by the parent, guardian, or authorized designee.
More information can be found at https://www.cherokeek12.net/quick-links/asp